The club manager role is to ensure that the club meet all targets and agreed measures of performance.
This is a 40 hours a week role based in our Wandsworth location.
They are responsible for the marketing of the club, working closely with the central membership services team and colleagues in the club. They will take the lead for the club, supported by the central support team, on finance and people matters and the maximization of business opportunities through all resources, including staff members. They are the ‘back-stop’ point for all Health and Safety matters in the club.
Also included in the club management team is a small group of lead coaches, who report to the programme manager.
· Supports the Operations Director to set targets and measures of performance, including an appropriate figure for EBITDA.
· Responsible for ensuring that these are met in the club, taking decisive action where necessary after discussion with the Operations Director.
· Leads the club, ensuring a positive culture and clear demonstration of the organisation’s values.
· Role models these values at all times.
· Ensures that all Health & Safety requirements are met at all times.
· Designs and implements a transparent marketing plan for the club.
· Identifies business opportunities in the club and brings these to the attention of the Operations Director.
· Anticipates and solves people-related issues, supported by the People team.
· Approves all staff resourcing requests in the club before getting sign-off from the Head of Programmes and the People Team.
· Ensures schedules, timesheets and other information, including all Kronos inputs, for payroll are provided accurately and in good time for the monthly payroll run.
· Provides clear direction to the programme manager so that they can complete less complex managerial tasks in the operation manager’s absence.
· Supports the programme manager in the hiring and deployment of coaches
· Ensures that the club is staffed appropriately at all times-in particular that the payroll/revenue ratio agreed with the Operations Director is met.
· Supports the programme manager in dealing with difficult member related issues e.g., parent complaints.
· Undertakes projects across the business as required.
· Experienced assistant operations manager, programme manager or existing operations manager looking for a move, who has played a key role in marketing, finance and people issues in their club.
· Proven leadership skills and a desire to develop these further.
· Role model for the organisation’s values.
· Is passionate about their role.
· Wants to develop further in the business.
· Interested in how the business works overall and keen to become involved in projects.
· Is self-motivated and has the ability to motivate others.
· Enjoys working with and developing children.
· Is confident and able to liaise with parents and members.
· Has excellent customer service skills.
· Salary of £30,000
· Discretionary bonus of 15% salary. (Business discretion applies).
Please provide the following details to download our latest brochure: